13/05/2013

Salmon dices with mustard and honey :: Tacos de salmón con mostaza y miel

It was the first time I made this recipe. And honestly, it is easy (as all the ones I make) but I was like: mmm I have to consider so many things and garlic? yeah! let's party all the afternoon with the garlic haha so I tried. And I have to tell you: it was AMAZING! the best is that you eat fish not feeling it's actually fish so, what else? go and tell your kids, they are going to love it!

Oh, by the way, if you want to be notified of new recipes in the blog, join our Facebook & Twitter account.

Ingredients (2 px)
  • 250 gr of salmon (I buy these premium gourmet salmon loins that are boneless)
  • 75 gr of sesame seeds
  • 15 ml of soya sauce
  • 15 ml of olive oil (optional)
  • 200 gr of potatoes
  • 150 gr of carrots
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 50 gr of mustard
  • 50 gr of honey
  • black pepper
Elaboration
We first have to do the "dirty" tasks. Peel the carrots and cut them in 4-6 strips. Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces of 1 cm wide. Now that you have all the vegetables ready we are going to steam them. As I don't have a steam machine (and I promise I won't buy it) I'll tell you how I cook them (sure you all know but it's always worthy a reminder ;)
Choose a saucepan and a strainer that fits in and that you can rest it on the saucepan (see the picture). Now put water inside and make it boil. The strainer doesn't have to touch the water.


Cover the saucepan and let it steam for 15 minutes. Meanwhile you can prepare the salmon dices with the main ingredients: soya sauce, sesame seeds and some olive oil.
Grab the loins and cut them into dices. I made dices of 3 cm each that you can eat directly from the plate (note: I never cut fish in a wooden board because it's hard to clean it properly and the smell sticks forever). Get a bowl, where you previsouly have added the sesame seeds, and dip in batter the dices.


Lay out the dices in a container suitable for ovens. Spread the olive oil over the salmon. Do the same with the soya sauce. Cook the salmon in the oven (pre-heated at 200ºC) for 15 minutes (I like it a little bit raw inside but if you don't, let it for 20-25 minutes approx.)
With the vegetables almost done and the salmon in the oven, let's finish by fixing the sauce for the potatoes and carrots. Put the mustard in a bowl. Add the honey and the black pepper (as much as you like! I put a lot because we love it but if you don't feel comfortable with that wait till the end, there is always time to add this!) and mix it.
Last steps! Take out the salmon from the oven and serve. Put the mustard and honey sauce in the microwave for 1 minute at maximum power and add it over the potatoes and the carrots. Right away smash the garlic and add it on the vegetables (you wonder if it makes sense right? it does! Because the hot sauce extracts the smell and the taste of the garlic).

Different, right? I LOVED IT! Seriously! I never thought it could taste that good and kind of...exotic too!

Try this out and tell me how it went Spanish Kitchenetters!

Recipe font: (modified) Tacos de salmón con mostaza y miel



LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...