27/10/2013

Spooky breakfast :: Desayuno fantasmagórico

In Spain we (or I should say I) don't celebrate Halloween in the American way. However, I can't resist myself to any Halloween recipe I find online. 

In fact, when I think about Halloween I quickly link this party to kids and I can see myself organizing parties for a freak crazy bunch of 7 years old children dressing up as Frankenstein, Casper or any other characters.
Aaaand, I would start the day with a very spooky healthy breakfast.

Pay attention because your kids are going to freak out!

Ingredients (4 units)
  • 4 slices of sandwich bread
  • 1 ripe tomato
  • Olive oil
  • 3 slices of cheese
  • 4 pitted black olives

Elaboration

Grab the slices of bread and toast them. Cut the tomato in half and scrub it all over the surface of the bread. 
This is the catalan way of "pà amb tomàquet" (bread with tomato). Add a little oil on and the first step is done. 

Now, let's build the ghosts (now I'm remembering Casper haha!). Take one slice of cheese and cut into half centimeter strips. You can cut around 10 strips for each slice of bread. 
Place them strategically so that they look like a bandage. 

But a ghost with no eyes to look at you isn't a proper ghost boooo! Take 1 olive and cut them in half. Give each ghost his eyes!
Happy spooky Halloween to everybody!


Font: Cocina ahorro

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...