15/06/2014

Melon and goat cheese strudel :: Milhojas de melón y queso de cabra


I don't know what you think but to me, I feel like eating very little creamy desserts or even any kind of cake in the summer. It just does not appeal to me. I need something lighter, fresher. But, of course, fruit is just a bit boring.

I was thinking of tartas, fruit salads and other things when I thought: why not make a fruit and cheese strudel?

So simple but SO DELICIOUS! Here I put the recipe (I chose melon!). Enjoy it!


Ingredients (2 units)

  • 300 gr.of melon
  • 50 gr. of goat cheese
  • 5 gr. of sugar



Elaboration
"Clean" the melon by removing the seeds. Now, cut 4-5 slices (depending on the lenght, of course) of 0,5 to 1cm each.
Grab a slice, get rid of the skin and make 4 pieces, about 5 cm each one. Make the same with the following slices. Put the melon aside and go for the cheese. Cut it into slices and keep it to start building the strudel.

To make everything easier, we will build the strudel with a ring mold. First, cover your baking tray and display the mold there. Fill in it with the first layer of melon. Build the second one with goat cheese and end up by covering the strudel with another layer of melon.
Once done, unmold. Repeat the whole process to make the second strudel. Finally, spread the sugar on both of them and put the tray in the oven, previously preheated at 150oC. Cook them for 10-15 minutes.









Serve cold.

Healthy dessert for this coming soon summer days!

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...