19/04/2015

Eggs with bechamel and bacon :: Huevos con bechamel y bacon


Recently, I have been trying to remember all the recipes my mom used to make when I was living at my parents. She cooked meals based on basic ingredients but always added a bit of "something" that made them kind of memorable.

And here are her eggs! Haha! she made them boiled but with a resistless bechamel :-)

Ingredients (3-4 servings)
  • 6 eggs 
  • 40 gr. of butter
  • 40 gr. of flour
  • 500 ml. of milk
  • 6 loins of bacon (add as much as you like!)
  • Grated cheese



Elaboration
First of all boil the eggs.  Meanwhile, we will make the bechamel. In a pan, put the butter and make it melt at medium temperature. It will take you 3 minutes so, right away, add the flour and stir.
Cook the flour for 5 minutes and, stirring constantly, add 250 of 500 ml of milk. It should be cold. Then, the milk will become less watery and this will be the time (after 2 minutes, approx.) to add the 250 ml. left. Very important thing: DO NOT STOP STIRRING.
Now we the more you stir the better and smoother bechamel you will get.
After 10-15' reserve the bechamel in a container and wrap it with plastic plastic wrap to avoid creating a hard layer. 
Not forgetting the eggs, remove from the stove and let them cool down.

Once the eggs are cold enough to be able to peel them off, do it and cut them in half and display in a tray. Cover them with the bechamel and make it look nice :-)
Now, place the grated cheese all over them. My husband loves cheese so I added A LOT.
You can either leave them this way and gratin them or add the special touch. I chose bacon but you can go for prosciutto, spanish ham, chorizo... anything you think it should taste good on the eggs.
Fry the bacon loins, cut them into small pieces and place on top of the eggs.
Gratin for 10-15' at 220oC.
I don't know why it took me so long to make this recipe because my husband loved it!

LinkWithIt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...